Sunday, July 4, 2010

Maple Cream Tart

This beautiful and sunny long weekend we celebrated Canada Day, and not only that but one of my very very very good friend's birthday!.. Nice weather always invites you to BBQ, and Marisol wanted just that to celebrate her birthday! I wanted to cook something nice for my girl, so I thought a creamy maple tart will be just perfect for the occasion!! I wanted to try something new which can be tricky sometimes as I really didn't know how the flavour was going to be like. It was the first time I prepare this recipe and.. oh boy, it was really a nice maple goodness bite! I believe everyone enjoyed it or so they said! Hahahaha anyways, it was a light sweet dessert perfect to enjoy after such a big meal!

Maple Cream Tart

Ingredients:

375g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
filling
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/3 cups of cream
1/2 maple syrup
5 egg yolks

Directions:

Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface so it can cover a 9 inch pie shell. Blind bake the pastry. Meanwhile prepare the filling. Place the cornstarch in a bowl and whisk with a little of the cream until the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining cream, maple syrup, and egg yolks and whisk until combined. Pour the filling into the pastry and bake in a preheated 325F° oven for 30 to 35 mins. or until the filling is set. Chill until cold and set.

Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! That looks fabulous! I LOVE maple--it such a rich, earthy sweetener--and it goes with almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Canada Day! My mother used to make me wear a maple leaf on my school uniform on Canada Day. None of the American kids understood. Ha.

    Your tart looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that first photo, with the lit candles.

    ReplyDelete