Sunday, March 14, 2010

Let's get Cracking!

For rainy mornings such as the ones we had last weekend, I particularly like a tasty omelet, as it provides lots of energy and can give me the push I need to get through the day!..

Ohhh yes!! Let's get cracking!...
I love weekends because it's the only free time I can find to prepare some good recipes in the morning. The rest of the week I only have time for a quick cereal breakfast. I bet most of you have the same problem, and let's be real, sometimes mornings can be very hectic!..

Anyways, for those of you who love eggs, let me share with you a couple of recipes that will brighten your weekend mornings!!..

Prosciutto and Roasted Tomato Omelet

Ingredients:

250g cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
sea salt and cracked black pepper
4 rashers of bacon or prosciutto trimmed
4 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped chives
100g rocket (arugula) leaves


Directions:

Preheat oven to 355ºF. Place the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a baking dish and toss to coat. Roast for 10−12 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft.

Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the prosciutto or bacon for 4−5 minutes each side or until crispy. Place the eggs and chives in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes or until set. Top the omelet with rocket and roasted tomatoes and serve with crunchy toast. Serves 2.
Tip: Don't use any salt as prosciutto is salty enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment