Sunday, February 14, 2010

Discovering Donna Hay

After a cold walk on a Sunday afternoon and a couple of cooking books later, I ended up owning a copy of "Modern Classics" by Donna Hay. I've never heard of her before but as I was flipping the pages and looking at those amazing pictures, I knew, it was love at first sight. The pictures were so beautiful it felt like I could really smell the flavours. As I started reading the recipes, they looked really simple. In a matter of seconds I decided to take her book home with me.

I've been using it pretty much for my everyday cooking. I just love her style. So simple and yet so delicious. I guess the secret is on the ingredients, as long as you buy local, real food, results will be no less than perfection.
I loved her so much I felt the urge to go back to the bookstore. Now I own 3 of her books and can't wait to continue cooking her recipes.

Rocket & Blue Cheese Salad
Yield: 4

Ingredients:

4 slices of crusty Italian bread
150g Arugula leaves
2 baby fennel sliced
8 cherry tomatoes
200g blue cheese
balsamic vinegar
extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and pepper

Directions:

Grill or toast the bread until crisp. Arrange on plates with the Arugula, fennel, tomatoes and blue cheese. To serve, drizzle over a little vinegar and oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment