Friday, December 17, 2010

George Brown is over!..

So.... my first course of Baking Arts certificate is over, and the last couple of weeks pass by so quickly I didn't even have time to post all the incredible recipes I've learned. I really enjoyed it and can't wait for my next classes to begin in January!! I'll be taking "The Art of Breads" and "The Art of Cookies". It will be a tough 3 months as on top of everything I am starting my new job and I am sure I'll be pretty busy trying to bake delicious breads while at the same time learning lots of new things!.. I guess it will be pretty challenging, but life is full of that; once you find yourself too comfortable, Change has to happened and move your comfort zone just a little, to make it interesting again!..



Anyways, all of you who are really thinking of taking a good cooking course I would really tell you to go for it, I believe the cooking course I took at George Brown was really good, lots of great practice and also eye opening as you keep learning and learning. There were a couple of basic recipes but nevertheless the teacher always had tips for us that I didn't really know about. Anyways .. I am getting ready for the holidays and will be traveling to Mexico for a couple of days. I'll promise to take tons of pictures so you can really get to see the amazing food as well as all the interesting places you can find there!.

12 comments:

  1. Great photos. Have fun in your Mexican holidays and Merry Xmas!
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!!! I'll have lots of fun!!! I loved taking cooking courses you should take some Ben it is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The George Brown course may be over, but it looks like your baking prowess is just taking off. I can't believe how professional your cakes look! As good as any pro. Congratulations!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those look incredible. I haven't taken any pastry classes out of fear I won't stop making the sweet stuff. Maybe just one won't hurt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! Your creations look superb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all!!! hahahahha all your messages really motivates me to continue with my classes!!! I will start with the art of baking and the art of cookies in January!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Baking and cooking are oneof my favorite hobbies eversince i learned it from my mom. Sad to say I never got any chance to enrol in this classes. I hope you enjoy your sessions of baking! Looking forward for your post. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing. The photos are gorgeous! I can't wait to hear about the bread and baking course. There is a large sweet spot in my heart for all baked goods. Happy Holidays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you---such gorgeous desserts, expertly executed!
    have safe journeys and joyous holidays. We look forward to more of your cooking adventures in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, that looks completely amazing. I love what you've done with the beautiful sliced fruit, so pretty, and so professional.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing! just checked out your blog great job, awesome pics! look forward to more happy holidays

    ReplyDelete