Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The last of summer - Sorbet Recipe!

Today I really felt winter coming! The wind was so chili, I actually had to take out one of my thick Fall sweaters! Although I think winter is in a way kind of magical, it's always hard to say good bye to summer, especially when you have farmer's markets all around you offering fresh fruits and vegetables at least once a week. I bought a couple of weeks ago some coronation grapes from my farmer's market, and they were amazing!! I know it took me a while to share with you this recipe, but here it is!! Sorbet is perfect for sunny days and might be a good thing to have around just in case we get hit with another heat wave which supposedly will be approaching us tomorrow!!




Grapes Sorbet

Ingredients:

3 cups of fresh grapes
2 1/2 tbsp of water
1/2 a cup plus 2 tbsp of simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar slightly heated until sugar dissolves)

Directions:

Combine fruit and water in a bowl of food processor using the metal blade. Process until very smooth; pour through fine mesh strainer, pressing to get as much liquid as possible out of the fruit. Discard solids. Pour liquid into airtight container and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. Assemble your freeze bowl as directed. Mix the fruit juice and chilled simple syrup and pour into your freeze bowl as directed. (I have the kitchen aid ice cream bowl which is really easy to use, but if you have a manual ice cream maker just use it as directed).



mmmmmmmmmmmm!
That's all I have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I've never tasted grapes sorbet, but I'm craving it now! The blue tones of the grapes are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete